KMC CREATIVES | LET THERE BE WHITE!
I have a confession: My name is Kathleen and I am a lamp
hoarder lover. If I had to identify a single element in the home that I am always drawn to, I would have to say that lamps take me out every time. The shape, the scale, the material, the feel...I just can't help but buy them even if I don't need them. Sigh...
So for Project: Be Our Guest I had already purchased a set of lamps, but when I saw these beauties for $40 less than what I originally paid, I just knew I had to have them. It was a very pretty teal blue. The lamp shades, mmm...cute, but not my cup of tea!
The shape, the height, the scale...all was dead on. Although the lamps were pretty, I knew I wanted white! A bright, clean, pure white. I figured spray paint and a little lamp shade change action could go along way. *shrugs shoulders * So why not! Project: Let There Be White - Let's begin!
What You Will Need (to tackle a project like this and you can follow the order too)
- Lamps (of course!)
- Damp Soft Cloth
- Wonderful for cleaning lamps. Let dry over night if you can wait!
- Painters Tape & Plastic Bag
- Tape off the electrical opening and about a third of the cord. Place remaining cord in plastic bag. Seal bag to cord with painters tape.
- Spray Paint Primer
- I used Zinser Bull's Eye 1-2-3.
- Spray Paint
- I used Krylon Colormaster White Gloss. Lightly spray around lamp until it is evenly coated.
- Lamp Shades
The Results! Instant Love!
Have any other good spray painted projects? If so, let me know. Happy Spraying!
Making Home, Home!